Friday, March 8, 2013

Flour Bakery




I loved the movie Julia & Julia. Probably because it was all about cooking and wearing aprons and pushing yourself in the kitchen to the point of tears (it has happened). I've always wanted to do some sort of 365 day or 52 week challenge, although I don't think I could necessarily cook from the Julia Child The Art of French Cooking book for that many weeks. But I COULD bake from Flour Bakery's Cookbook.

If you visit Boston (or live in Boston and don't know about it) make sure to visit Flour Bakery with locations in Back Bay, South End, Fort Point, and Central Square. Everything from their sticky-buns to their homemade pop-tarts to their portabella mushroom sandwiches to their coffee--is AMAZING. You won't regret and you just might find yourself there every morning for the next month after discovering it.

Sadly, I don't live in Boston anymore and miss Flour Bakery dearly, but I do have their cookbook to keep me company (and keep me on the treadmill). These chocolate cupcakes with buttery frosting are quite possibly the best cupcakes I've ever had and these oatmeal raisin cookies (my favorite cookie) are chewy and irresistible (eat-5-in-a-sitting good).







EsCmhp on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

No comments:

Post a Comment