Friday, March 8, 2013

Mind Over Mind


 I've been battling lately with the fact that I don't know what I'm doing with my life at this moment. I think in circles, trying to sort my life out based on uncertainties, but all that leads to is, well, nothing at all. Worries and chaotic brainstorms. Not helping. So I've been trying to distract myself. Part of the problem is that I've applied to grad school and now is the waiting game. I kind of feel like if I don't get into at least one of these schools that I'll do something completely off the wall like move to Africa. Except, I'm not going to move to Africa. But you get the idea. 





 I think I just have to remember to be amazed and entertained by the little things that life throws at you. Not everything has to be so grandeur. This parking garage, for instance, which has a fortune for every stall, made my day in its own small way. 


As did the board above the kitchen at Original Joe's in San Francisco. 


 And buying a banjo.


 And making felt iphone/ipod cases. 


 And folding origami zombies. 


And letting your mind think through your pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment